family
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

family & friends

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Happy Birthday To Roni
News - Film News!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeby Admin Fri Jan 12, 2024 2:09 pm

» Post the charming sights of yours ....
News - Film News!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeby Admin Wed Jan 10, 2024 10:53 pm

» Great thoughts & words
News - Film News!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeby Admin Tue Jan 09, 2024 6:58 pm

» Post your complaints here.
News - Film News!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeby Admin Tue Jan 02, 2024 1:15 am

» Old Malayalam Film Songs
News - Film News!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeby Admin Fri Nov 17, 2023 4:18 pm

» Malayalam Film Songs
News - Film News!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeby Admin Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:41 pm

» Star's Family Photos.
News - Film News!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeby Admin Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:18 pm

News - Film News!!!!!!!

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
ghost
Forum Expert
Forum Expert
ghost

News - Film News!!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: News - Film News!!!!!!!   News - Film News!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 2:52 am

News - Film News!!!!!!! Nairsan

Nairsan is an Indian Freedom Fighter Who played a major role in Japan.

Superstar Mohanlal and World-Cini Wonder Jackie Chan are going to act together in 'NAIRSAN'-a Japanese film by Albert(Director).According to him it is the best role he got in his film carrier.Anil kapoor is also playing an important role in this film.

A.M.Nair ,A born rebel-hero from Kerala India, is sent to his brother in Japan to follow his ways. He,discovers that there are battles to be fought with the British from there, and contribute to the Indian Independence struggle. In the process, he also contributes immensely to the revitalization of the Japanese & Mongolian economy. The great actor mohanlal is playing the role of A.M Nair in the film.Through the dramatic, action-packed episodes, he discovers new identities, marries a Japanese woman and settles in Japan, fondly called Nair-san, by his Oriental friends.

The world action hero Jackie Chan plays a “Cameo” role in this film with an astounding action sequence.The movie tells the story of freedom fighter Nairsan who fought against British colonialism in Japan. Jackie Chan will be seen fighting along with Nairsan in his fight against colonialism.Mohanlal has alloted a total of 125 days for the movie.Nairsan will have a world-wide release.Jackie Chan joined for a 15 day shoot starting from September 1st.

In Asia the movie will be in Japanese and in other countries it will be dubbed in English.In this story Nairsan's real name is Ayyappan Pilla Madhavan Nair.His father was a tamil Brahmin and mother was malayali. He was born and did his schoolig in Trivandrum.During school days Nairsan and his friends fought against the British rule in India.So he was forced to leave India to Japan and continued the fight against British rule from there.

Nairsan is a Big budget film which is estimated around 60 Cr.Mohanlal got 4crore by signing this project. A.R Rahman is doing the music for the film.
News - Film News!!!!!!! Nair%20San_7280
Back to top Go down
ghost
Forum Expert
Forum Expert
ghost

PostSubject: Re: News - Film News!!!!!!!   News - Film News!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 3:07 am

Amitabh Bachchan may have spent only three days with Mohanlal and the unit of Kandahar in Ooty, but the Bollywood mega star has been raving about his Ooty trip on Twitter.
He wrote it was a fulfilling experience to have worked with Mohanlal again and sent a tweet requesting the Malayalam superstar to show him the rushes of the film. Mohanlal tweeted back saying that he would make special arrangements to show it to Mr Bachchan as soon as Major Ravi, who has gone to Malaysia on location hunt for the film, comes back!
News - Film News!!!!!!! Amitabh_bachan

News - Film News!!!!!!! 0
Back to top Go down
Nobody
New Bee
New Bee
Nobody

PostSubject: Re: News - Film News!!!!!!!   News - Film News!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 6:39 pm

Kerala Box Office
from July 1 to 15
Mohanlal and Sreenivasan’s Oru Naal Varum has taken an above average opening in 71 screens in Kerala and is at the number one position. The opening is better than Mohanlal’s last release, but nowhere in the league of his earlier hits.
At number two is Raavanan, which is doing fairly well in Kerala. In third position is the super hit Mammooty-Prithviraj mass masala Pokkiri Raja. The film has grossed Rs 72, 56, 756 in 69 days at Thiruvananthapuram Dhanya.

At number four is the rock steady Mummy & Me, which has taken a distributors’ share of Rs 13.25 lakh in Thiruvananthapuram. In fifth position is Jayasurya’s new release Nallavan, which is turning out to be a disaster.

News - Film News!!!!!!! Oru_naal_varum

1.Oru Naal Varum
Cast: Mohanlal, Sreenivasan, Sameera Reddy, Devayani
Director: T K Rajeev Kumar
good-Mohanlal, family drama
bad- Nothing new story wise, old wine

BO verdict : Average

2.Raavanan

News - Film News!!!!!!! Raavanan%E2%80%8C%E2%80%8C_tamil_movie_posters_wallpapers_stills_photos_pics

Cast: Vikram, Aishwarya Rai, Pritviraj, Prabhu, Karthik, Priya Mani
Director: Mani Ratnam
good-Camera, locations, Vikram
bad-Story, screenplay, dialogues

BO verdict : Hit

3.Pokkiri Raja

News - Film News!!!!!!! Pokkiriraja2

Cast: Mammootty, Prithviraj, Shriya Saran
Director: Vysakh
good-Racy, mass masala
bad-Old wine in new comedy pack

BO verdict : Super Hit

4.Mummy & Me

News - Film News!!!!!!! 14942654_mummy-and-me340
Cast: Archana Kavi, Urvashi, Kunchacko Boban, Mukesh
Director: Jithu Joseph
good-Feel good family film
bad-Nothing much

BO verdict : Hit

5.Nallavan

News - Film News!!!!!!! 28su3i8
Cast: Jayasurya, 'Manikyam' Maithily
Director: Aji John
good-Lead actors
bad-Story is jaded, mushy and concocted

BO verdict : Flop

Last edited by Nobody on Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:00 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Nobody
New Bee
New Bee
Nobody

PostSubject: Re: News - Film News!!!!!!!   News - Film News!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 6:48 pm

Raavanan review

News - Film News!!!!!!! Ravan-tamil-mp3-songs

Mani Ratnam’s latest Raavanan is nowhere in the league of his previous 80s and 90s Tamil classics.
The trouble is that the master craftsman, whose films used to work due to its offbeat storyline and unique presentation, has changed his focus to Hindi cinema.

In the process he has lost touch with his roots and ends up making a film which does not have strong Tamil nativity or flavour.

But having said that, Raavanan is good in parts, an off-kilter cinematic experience. It is technically the finest movie made in recent times, superb camerawork of Santosh Sivan and Manikandan, never seen before stunning locales (in India) and crisp editing.

The major plus is the actors – Vikram, Aishwarya Rai, Prithviraj, Prabhu and Karthik are very good and keep us engrossed, but the story and screenplay by Mani Ratnam and Suhasini are a big let down.

The story is wafer thin and Mani has based it pretty much on Ramayan, with a cop, and the Robin Hood story set in a forest with some twists and subplots.

Veera (Vikram), a Robin Hood-like guy also known as Raavanan, and his elder brother Singam (Prabhu) live in a tribal village somewhere near Ambasamudram in Tiruneveli. They mete out instant justice and run Kattapanchayat, but are loved, respected and feared by the locals.

Dev (Prithviraj), the Ram character is the Superintendent of Police. He is on the hunt with other cops and a forest guard (Karthik), a new age Hanuman, for Raavanan, who has taken his wife Ragini (Aishwarya Rai,) the modern day Sita, as hostage.

Veera has a personal score to settle with Dev and the cops whom he believe is responsible for his sister Vennila’s (Priyamani) custodial rape and subsequent suicide.

Meanwhile, Ragini, who initially abhors Veera and thinks he is a brutal beast, later discovers that her ‘God like’ husband is no saint and has dark shades in his character, too.

All this leads to a riveting climax on the cliffs.

The highlight of the film, as mentioned earlier, is the technical wizardry. Mani’s choice of lush locales fits in with the realistic sets and props erected by art director Samir Chanda, and captures the ethos and milieu effectively.

Water is the main motif throughout the film - the waterfall, the characters having long conversations as it rains continuously, the song and celebrations in rain.

You can feel and touch the greenery, the moss in the forest as Santosh Sivan’s camerawork is pure magic and his use of natural lighting gives the film that raw, colourful, serene look.

The climax fight between Vikram and Prithviraj on the bridge is extraordinary, with picture perfect top angle shots and camera movements.

However, AR Rahman’s music and Mani’s song picturisation and placement, for which he is famous, is pretty ordinary. Songs act as a speed breaker and is not needed, but has been thrust in for commercial reasons.

In fact, during post interval, two songs come back-to-back within a span of five minutes. The particular song has been introduced to show Veera's love for his sister, Thangachipasam Mani style!

Vikram as Veera towers above all. He brings a primal mixture of beauty, affection and savagery to the character. You can feel the earnestness of his intentions and the wetness of his tears, especially in the climax. He adds the little touches that make all the difference to his character and you can't take your eyes off him.

Armed with the film’s best-written role, Aishwarya Rai has made a sensational comeback as Ragini, whose fear and hatred for Veera gives way to a sneaking admiration for her captor. She is mesmeric and has come out with an award-winning performance.

Prithviraj is the ideal foil for Vikram, and is good, especially in the final subtle showdown with Aishwarya.

Priyamani does her best in her cameo appearance, while Prabhu and Karthik are hilarious and make a mark.

The film lacks the Mani Ratnam touch in the story and screenplay department, and has a wobbly first half, where the story just does not move. The last 10 minutes are the best part of this 2 hours 7 minutes film. Mani Ratnam is better off doing straight Tamil ventures than making such hybrid variety films that fall between two stools.

Raavanan will never feature among Mani Ratnam 10 best films. Nonetheless, it is not to be missed.

Back to top Go down
Nobody
New Bee
New Bee
Nobody

PostSubject: Re: News - Film News!!!!!!!   News - Film News!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 6:50 pm

Mummy and me review
News - Film News!!!!!!! 14942654_mummy-and-me340

Director Jithu Joseph, who made his debut with the mystery thriller Detective, talks about a genuine and sensitive issue in Mummy & Me. With some fine moments and its innate honesty, the film touches your heart, though the performances, technical aspects and its formulaic style let you down in a major way.
The story is focused on Jewel (Archana Kavi), a bratty teenager who lives with her parents and a younger brother in a picturesque town. Quite like most youngsters of her age, Jewel finds it difficult with all the restrictions imposed on her, especially by her strict mom Clara (Uravashi). The constant tiffs between the mom and daughter is a matter of concern for dad Joseph (Mukesh), a bank manager.

Jewel is close to Rahul (Kunchacko Boban), an MBA student and the son of their family friend. Rahul loves Jewel, but don't have the courage to reveal his feelings for her. After a while, there is great change in Jewel as she mellows down at the influence of her mysterious chat friend, Amir, and things take some twists and turns from then on.

Yes, there is a relevant theme here which could be relatable for almost everyone. But the problem here could be the way it has been executed. It moves along in highly conventional lines and in the end, one gets the feeling that here, a modern theme has been narrated in an age old format.

Though the story moves ahead on highly predictable lines, things doesn't get too melodramatic and that is quite a reason for a pat on the back for the writer-director, considering the sentimental nature of the theme.

Internet and chatting is seen as rather offensive terms in most Malayalam films but things are slightly different here. It's the chat friend who causes a substantial change in the girl! But it is quite unknown why the girl started hating her mom, all on a sudden. It is perhaps naïve to generalize that every girl in the end-teens behaves so, as well.

At just above two hours, it is an engaging film for sure. However, one of the main problems with it is the number of songs in it, which comes one after the other quite frequently, especially in the first half. Sejo John's music is pretty fine, but here it's a case of too many songs spoiling the party. Vipin Mohan's visuals are rather ordinary.

The performances are all on an average level and the usually spectacular Urvashi is perhaps the best among the lot, but then even she is nowhere near her usual standards. Archana Kavi looks just about okay as a grumpy young girl, but it is evident that the role is a bit too heavy for her to play it in a convincing way.

Kunchacko Boban looks quite uncomfortable playing a student and a rather meek lover. Mukesh has done a nice job, but why should he repeat his trademark style and even some of dialogues in every film?

The film appealing for its sincerity and its contemporary storyline, though it has been handled in an old-fashioned manner. Still, it is one of the better films during recent times and that itself is a considerable achievement during this disappointing phase of Malayalam cinema. Watch it, as the storyline can move you and in the whole, the film is an earnest effort.

Back to top Go down
Nobody
New Bee
New Bee
Nobody

PostSubject: Re: News - Film News!!!!!!!   News - Film News!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 6:52 pm

Nallavan review

News - Film News!!!!!!! 28su3i8

How many times have we seen the love story of a wonderful, 'made for each other' couple taking a tragic turn? Well, debutant director Aji John's Nallavan could be just about fine, if your idea of cinema limits to the 'masala' recipe of romance, song n dance, comedy and revenge in the required measures. Or else, this could end up as a way to torture yourself, no less!
Most of the story happens in a flashback mode, during the time when Kocherukkan (Jayasurya) and Malli (Maithily) are completely in love with each other. He fools around with his idiotic friends (Bijukkuttan and Anoop Chandran, in their usual avatars), while she is a maid in a rich household.

Sometime later, the couple elopes to a village in Tamil Nadu but their life is made hell by an impudent cop, Kumaresan (Siddique). He charges Kocherukkan with several false charges and the poor boy is sent to jail. He escapes from jail quite a number of times to be with his girl, but things turn more tragic soon after.

The whole story looks jaded, mushy and concocted to the core and the feeling that one gets while watching this film is that the director has tried a bit too hard with limited resources at hand. What lacks here is a solid storyline and sadly, there is virtually nothing to make up for that! The visuals are nice, but the lyrics and music are surprisingly ordinary.

Jayasurya tries really hard with varying get ups and mannerisms, but his character lacks the scope for all those efforts. It is not quite clear how he speaks with a Tamil accent at times while the heroine talks in Malayalam, as both of them have been together ever since their childhood days.

Maithily looks beautiful, but hams it up when she has to perform. Siddique as the menacing cop has come up with a good performance. The rest of the cast have limited roles to play.

As it turns out to be, Nallavan has virtually nothing that we haven't seen on screen before. The same old situations, romance, humour and even the baddies, everything on the same, formulaic lines! No wonder, this romance-revenge drama definitely lacks fizz and fails to evoke much impression.

Back to top Go down
Nobody
New Bee
New Bee
Nobody

PostSubject: Re: News - Film News!!!!!!!   News - Film News!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 6:55 pm

Interview with Mammootty "I love awards"

News - Film News!!!!!!! Mammootty_2

Mammootty, one of the finest actors in the country has enough reasons to smile these days. The three times National award winner has acted in over 300 films over a career spanning two decades and still remains the number one. His Maayavi is a mega blockbuster and Vishu release Big B is running to packed houses. He is truly a mega star, as not only does his films have a terrific opening, but has also a very high success ratio. He continues to do a mixture of art house films along with commercial fares and has a handful of projects that will keep him busy for the next five years!Did the actor in you get disappointed, when films like Karutha Pakshikal, Palunku or Kaiyoppu, were not considered worthy of an award by the state award committee?
The award committee thought that a younger man should get it and its fine with me. If I react or not react, nothing is going to change. I go with the jury and accept their verdict. I do not wish to make any controversial statements. Let’s leave that topic and talk about something else.

You have won three National awards and they say that you are obsessed with awards?
(Laughs) I love awards. They are truly inspirational. And I’ve been waiting for my fourth National award for the last seven years. As far as I'm concerned, I will continue to do meaningful and aesthetic cinema along with popular cinema.

Mayavi has given you a new lease of life in commercial cinema. It is not only a huge hit but is also lapped up by all section of audiences. Please comment.
There was something for everyone in Mayavi. The youth, family audience and kids are simply going crazy about the film. I think director Shafi has made a perfect entertainer in which my character s not a larger-than-life hero. Anyone can relate to such a guy and moreover it was superbly packaged as a wholesome family entertainer.

How did you choose Big-B, a stylishly made film on par with any Hollywood action thriller?
I was impressed by Amal Neerad's story and narration It is a new kind of commercial entertainer, where I play Bilal a dutiful son who comes to avenge his mother’s killers. Amal is basically a technician who has worked with Ram Gopal Varma, and the film is being well received.

Does the younger generation of viewers identify with you?
I feel that the new generation is with me. (Smiles) I think young, feel young and I'm very young in my attitude. There is no age bar for an actor and he can satisfy all age groups. I can feel the response of the youth audience who form the core of my fan base, they are the backbone of my box-office success. I will continue to do movies which cater to their taste.

Do you have any political ambitions?
I’m interested only in the welfare of the state and not in politics. I’ve a lot of dreams for my country and I want every citizen to think about their civic duties and work for the nation.

What are your forthcoming films?
I’am completing Shyamaprasad's "Ore Kadal", an aesthetically well conceived film in which I have a very difficult role. After that it will be Major Ravi's "Mission 90 Days", a totally different version of the Rajiv Gandhi assassination investigation which will release in the first week of July. Beginning of May, I will start M.T- Hariharan period film "Pazhassi Raja", which there is lot to talk about, and in May end I will also start work on my Onam film "Nasrani" , written by Ranjit and directed by Joshy. Meanwhile I've squeezed in a bilingual Vande matharam in Malaylam and Arumudai in Tamil directed by a new guy Karthik, a former assistant of Mani Ratnam.

How do you manage to look so young?
I am only 35 (smiles)..
Back to top Go down
Nobody
New Bee
New Bee
Nobody

PostSubject: Re: News - Film News!!!!!!!   News - Film News!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 6:59 pm

News - Film News!!!!!!! 2292269261

Interview with Mohanlal "2006 was a memorable year for me"

Mohanlal had a memorable 2006 with six releases- Rasathantram, Vadakkumnathan, Keerthichakra, Mahasamudram, Photographer and Baba Kalyani. Out of these six films, Rasathantram and Keerthichakra were blockbusters while three were profitable for its makers and the only flop was Photographer. His hit ratio is awesome as the latest Baba Kalyani opened in 60 screens is an indication of his reach and penetration.

Happy New Year sir. I believe you are just back from Ram Gopal Varma’s Sholay shoot in Mumbai. How was the experience?
I wish all my friends, fans and well wishers a very Happy New Year. Sholay will definitely be a path breaking film. I had seen that classic film during my Model school days at Tiruvananthapuram New theatre in 70 MM blast. For days I and Priyan (director Priyadarsan) could talk nothing but Sholay over innumerable cups of coffee at Indian Coffee House. Later, I must have seen it many times more. Looking back, who thought that I will one day play the Thakur’s role done by the legendary Sanjiv Kumar?

Do you approve of making a remake of a classic?
There is nothing wrong in remaking the film something which is very common in Hollywood. Tell me how many times Romeo and Juliet was remade, including a version done by the Titanic star Leonardo Decaprio? Ramu’s Sholay is not going to be a scene to scene remake of the Ramesh Sippy original. We are making a modern version of the classic.

Tell us something about your role?
I think it is an honor to do the role, though Ramu has made many changes to the character which I cannot reveal at the moment. The basic difference is that I am not playing a Thakur, instead I am doing the role of a Police officer in the city of Mumbai who hires mercenaries to bump off Gabbar Singh, an underworld mafia leader played by Amitabh Bachchan , who was responsible for the death of my family members. If you remember Thakur’s both hands were chopped by Gabbar, but in Ramu’s version, it is different.

What happened on the sets of Sholay, where two of the finest actors in the country clashed in front of the camera?
First and foremost, I am a big fan of Amitji, right from my school days. The first film I saw of his was Zanjeer, and I thought he made a great cop. Last month I shot for the film in a Mumbai studio and the first scene I shot was the very crucial confrontation scene with Gabbar Singh played by Amitabh ji and Ramu ok’d the scene in the first take!

2006 was a landmark year for you in Malayalam with six releases and five of them turning out to be big grosser?
(Smiles) What can I say? 2006 was a good year. I try to be level headed and try to take success and failure with the same attitude.

However you have done more commercial masala movies this year, trying to cash in on your larger-than-life image? Please comment.
I try to experiment with characters and roles that I play. I think that no one has still understood the success formula for a hit film in film industry. I have not tried to thrust my so called larger-than-life image into the characters that I played so far. The audiences are always on the look out for a new experience. I would say that Rasathantram and Keerthichakra worked as they had strong scripts. A Star may get an opening but the ultimately it is the content which is the king.

How come there were no Thanmatra’s this year(2006)?
A film like Thanmatra happens once in a blue moon. If you are talking about meaningful cinema, I am doing Aakasha Gopuram, which is directed by K.P Kumaran and is my next release in January. I have a very good role .This film is inspired from the renowned Norwegian writer Henrik Ibsen's play named Master Builder. Then there is Pardesi, by director P.T Kunju Mohammed in which I play the life and times of Valiyakathu Moosa, an alien in his own land. I am sure you will like both these films.

You were voted as the most popular Malayalee ever by CNN IBN opinion poll . Please comment
I believe that it was the power of cinema as a medium that got me this distinction as the most popular Malayalee. There were other people like EMS and K.R Narayanan who were far more deserving than me. Still I may have got it for the 280 films that I have done and being in the industry for the last 26 years. I consider this as a reward from my well-wishers.

What according to you was the reason behind the colossal flop of Photographer?
(Smiles) Audience did not accept Photographer as they may not have like it. According to me, the script that was narrated to me was not the final product that we saw on screen. I agree that the film flopped. In my career I have always trusted my directors as I believe that they are the captain of the ship and I never interfere.

But your critics say that you don’t go through the scripts with a fine comb. Please comment.
I definitely listen to my scripts. Sometimes what looks great at narration stage may backfire because the persons involved may not be able to visualize it on celluloid. Remember I have worked with some of the best directors in industry like Bharatan, Padmarajan, Fazil, Sibi Malayil, Priyadarsan, Sathyan Anthikad and so many others. I placed my trust in them and they have created characters which created Mohanlal the actor and the persona around it

Have you ever thought of directing a film?
(Laughs) Oh no, it’s a tough job and I don’t want to do it. I am amazed by the way some of our directors conceptualize and click in commercial cinema. I am an actor and would love to remain so.

But now most of the scriptwriters are turning into directors. What is your opinion about it?
I strongly feel that some of today’s script writers do not understand the nuances of film making especially commercial entertainers. A script writer when he turns director refuses to acknowledge his weakness over the medium. Even the late Padmarajan whom I consider as a great script writer was able to convey his story best when he worked with directors like Bharatan and I.V Sasi.

Baba Kalyani is a hit. How did it happen?
It happened due to a combination of factors like script of S.N Swamy, racy narration by Shaji Kailas and above all a producer like Perumbavoor Antony. Antony is one producer who understands my strengths as a commercial hero and he makes the team work around it.

These days you are moving around with a laptop?
Internet is a powerful medium, I am also using it for some of my work .
Back to top Go down
Nobody
New Bee
New Bee
Nobody

PostSubject: Re: News - Film News!!!!!!!   News - Film News!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 7:04 pm

"4 friends " starts rolling

After the super hit Happy Husbands, the magic team of writer Krishna Poojapura and director Saji Surendran are back again with Four Friends. Two of the earlier team members, Jayaram and Jayasurya, are joined by two new friends, Bobban Kunchacko and Meera Jasmine, in this new entertainer. Jayaram plays a manager in a multinational company, Kunchacko is a final year MBA student, Jayasurya is a local rowdy and Meera Jasmine is an MBBS student who doesn't mix with others.

How the four meet and bond is what Four Friends is about.

The shooting of the film, produced by Tommychin Mulakupadam, will start in Alapuzha from July 16. Later, the entire unit will fly to Singapore and Malaysia for further shoot.The others in the supporting cast are Suraj Venjaranmoodu, Salim Kumar, Lalu Alex, Ganesh Kumar and Seema.

Back to top Go down
Nobody
New Bee
New Bee
Nobody

PostSubject: Re: News - Film News!!!!!!!   News - Film News!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 7:08 pm

News - Film News!!!!!!! Vandana%20Menon4669

Dileep in and as "Karyasthan"
After the super hit Paapi Appacha, Dileep has decided to only do only mass comedies which will appeal to the family audiences. As part of his new resolution, he has started work on his new film, Kariyasthan, directed by first-timer Thomson, and produced by Anto Joseph and his Ann Media. The film is set in a village and Dileep plays a kariyasthan (a caretaker) who is trying to bring two warring families - who were once friends - back together. This hilarious film is written by Dileep's favourite scriptwriters Siby K Thomas and Udaykrishnan, and is being directed by Siby's brother Thomson.Dileep is introducing two new heroines, Akhila and Vandana, in Kariyasthan. Akhila is a former television reality show hostess, while Vandana played Jayasurya's partner in Happy Husbands.Veteran actors Madhu and G K Pillai will play the two warring heads. The others in the cast are Siddique, Jagathy, Suraj, Salim Kumar, Harisri Asokan, Biju Menon, Suresh Krishna, Sadiq, Janardanan, and more than a dozen television artists. P Sukumar is the cameraman and Benny Ignatius will provide the music for Kariyasthan.News - Film News!!!!!!! Dileep1News - Film News!!!!!!! 0
Back to top Go down
Nobody
New Bee
New Bee
Nobody

PostSubject: Re: News - Film News!!!!!!!   News - Film News!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 7:14 pm

.News - Film News!!!!!!! Santosh-sivan-150x150

News - Film News!!!!!!! 1278479451vhynczai128694
Santhos Sivan's "urumi" lainched in style

Santosh Sivan and Prithviraj's production company, August Cinema, launched their first film Urumi - a tri-lingual period film in Malayalam, Tamil and English. Mammootty was the chief guest at the function held at Dream Hotel, Kochi, on July 16, which was the last day of Mithunam. Mammookka lighted the traditional lamp in the presence of Prithvi's mother, Mallika Sukumaran. Prithviraj, who is the fastest rising star in Malayalam cinema today, said : 'Through Urumi we are trying to uplift Malayalam cinema to the international level.'Mammootty was all praise for 'his younger brother of Pokkiri Raja' and showered praise on him. Director Renjith, who discovered Prithviraj, said: 'Prithviraj had an air ticket in his pocket when we started Nandanam, as he wanted to go back to Australia to continue his studies.'Santosh Sivan said the film will be shot in Kerala and later in the forests of Malshej Ghat, Maharashtra, where Santosh and Prithviraj shot the climax of Raavanan.The creme de la creme of Malayalam directors - Joshy, Renjith, Blessy, Siby Malayil, Kamal, Lenin Rajendran, Shaji Kailas, Lal, Viji Thampy, Renji Panikkar - producers Gokulam Gopalan, Liberty Basheer, actors Manian Pillai Raju, Indrajith, KPAC Lalitha and Kaviyoor Ponamma were present to wish Prithviraj and Santosh
Back to top Go down
Nobody
New Bee
New Bee
Nobody

PostSubject: Re: News - Film News!!!!!!!   News - Film News!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 7:17 pm

News - Film News!!!!!!! Shobana
http://www.yousaytoo.com/south-indian-actress-shobhana-adopted-a-baby-girl/290117

Shobana adopts a baby girl

Malayalam actress Shobhana has adopted a baby girl.
Last week, the star went to the famous Sri Krishna Temple in Guruvayoor for the choroonu (first solid food given to a baby in Kerala tradition) and the naming ceremony of the six-month-old girl, who has been named Ananthanarayani. Shobhana recently held a big ceremony in Chennai, to announce her decision to adopt a child.

News - Film News!!!!!!! Remote_image20100601-26923-spwqmx-0
Back to top Go down
ghost
Forum Expert
Forum Expert
ghost

PostSubject: Re: News - Film News!!!!!!!   News - Film News!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 1:04 am

welcom Nobody..... Chear1 Nice Avatar !!!! Very Happy Pinne images veykkan pattunnillenna P.M kitty tto ...

Endhu patty naan nokkatte tto .... lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Nobody
New Bee
New Bee
Nobody

PostSubject: Re: News - Film News!!!!!!!   News - Film News!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 6:48 pm

Endhiren Audio launched in style

The importance of Rajinikanth’s Shankar directed Enthiran could be seen at its KL audio launch.

Sun Networks big boss Kalanithi Maran, never seen before at any of the companies’ film events, was himself present on the occasion.

The Putrajaya Stadium was packed to capacity, to watch the entire Enthiran team of Superstar Rajinikanth, Aishwarya Rai, Oscar winning music director AR Rahman and Shankar the showman of Indian cinema along with the technicians.

Vivek was the compere of the evening along with popular Malaysian TV hostess “Punnagai Poo” Geetha. The audio of the film was officially launched jointly by Kalanithi Maran, Rajinikanth, Shankar, Aishwarya Rai, AR Rahman and Vairamuthu.

The highlight of the evening was Rajinikanth’s speech laced with wit, emotion and hard sell. He told the audiences that he had informed Kalanithi Maran that Shankar is like a wild horse who takes time to be tamed, but will win the race.

About AR Rahman he says, is like a Yogi with no ego, while Aishwarya Rai is the traditional beauty who combines beauty and brains.

Back to top Go down
Nobody
New Bee
New Bee
Nobody

PostSubject: Re: News - Film News!!!!!!!   News - Film News!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 3:40 am

KamalHassan to do a malayalam film

Kamal Haasan is doing a cameo appearance in a Malayalam film after 23 years!

Malayalam Cinema’s young hit director Saji Surendran (Ivar Vivahitharayal, Happy Husbands ) is the lucky guy to get Kamal’s date for a cameo appearance in his latest film Four Friends.

Kamal's best friend in Malayalam industry Jayaram is the hero of the film which also has Jayasurya, Kunchacko Bobban and Meera Jasmine. All scenes featuring Kamal will be shot in Chennai.

Saji Surendran said “Kamal sir liked the script and situation and immediately agreed to do this cameo. His character is the catalyst who appears in the turning point and very crucial to the story.”

Surendran approached Kamal through Jayaram, and in fact Kamal told the director in lighter vein – “I’m doing the film for my good friend Jayaram. You should change the title from ‘Four Friends’ to ‘For a Friend’.” Kamal is not charging any remuneration for the film and will shoot for the film before August 10 in Chennai.

Ulaganayagan’s last film in Malayalam was more than two decades back, the IV Sasi directed Vrutham in 1987. Kamal had plan's to do a Malayalam movie with Mohanlal during their Unnaipol Oruvan days but it didn’t work out.

Kamal in interviews to local Malayalam media and at several award functions which he attended in Kerala, had revealed his desire to be part of a Malayalam movie.

Back to top Go down
Nobody
New Bee
New Bee
Nobody

PostSubject: Re: News - Film News!!!!!!!   News - Film News!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 3:43 am

Vikram to do a malayalam film with Roshan Andrews
Last Friday ace Malayalam director Roshan Andrews met Tamil superstar Vikram at his seaside bungalow in Chennai.

The Casanova director narrated a one line script written by his friends script writers Bobby & Sanjay to the Raavanan/I>.

It seems Vikram was bowled over by Roshan’s story narration and readily agreed to do the film in Malayalam.

Says Roshan Andrews: “Vikram is such a big star but he found time and gave me over two hours for the story narration. He was immersed in it and after that shook my hand and said he will do the film in Malayalam, some time next year after he completes his present assignments in Tamil.”

Roshan by the time will complete his Casanova Says Roshan: “ When I asked Vikram about his salary, he said he is going to do it free, as he wants to give back something back to Kerala audiences, who were waiting to see him in a Malayalam film. I was floored by the man’s humble nature and his concern for good cinema.”

Back to top Go down
Nobody
New Bee
New Bee
Nobody

PostSubject: Re: News - Film News!!!!!!!   News - Film News!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 3:47 am

Mammootty joins Best of Luck
Megastar Mammooty joined the set's of M.A.Nishad directed Best of Luck, in which he is doing a special appearance.

Mammootty is appearing a superstar in the film and his part will be over with three day's shoot in Kochi.

Remember last time when he appeared as a superstar in Kathaparayumbol, the film turned out to be a super hit. But the last year when he appeared as himself in Prithviraj starrer One Way Ticket it bombed.

However Best of luck team is hoping to repeat the Kathaparayumbol magic. Asif, Rima, Kailesh are the other star's in the film which is scheduled to release in September.

Back to top Go down
ghost
Forum Expert
Forum Expert
ghost

PostSubject: Re: News - Film News!!!!!!!   News - Film News!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 3:52 am

Thankss a lot Nobodyyyyyy .......... Smile Smile

I like film News ..... iniyum iniyum expect cheyyunnu .... ippozhum images veykkan pattunnilla alle .... confused confused Admin -onnu koode ithu consider cheyyum... ....tto.... Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ghost
Forum Expert
Forum Expert
ghost

PostSubject: Re: News - Film News!!!!!!!   News - Film News!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 5:12 am

OK ....Ipo ellaamm clear aayallo ..... Smile
Back to top Go down
Nobody
New Bee
New Bee
Nobody

PostSubject: Re: News - Film News!!!!!!!   News - Film News!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 1:54 pm

Penpattanam review

Director-V M Vinu
Music-M G Sreekumar
Cast-Revathy, Swetha Menon, KPAC LaLitha, Vishnupriya, Lal

News - Film News!!!!!!! Penpattanam%207189

Director V M Vinu's Penn Pattanam is mainly focused on the lives of four women, who work for a Kudumbasree unit. They collect garbage from various houses and help in keeping the city clean. It's a genuinely sincere theme and the makers should be appreciated for this brave attempt.
The four women belong to a class who gets ignored often like the waste that they carry, still that doesn't make Shantha (KPAC Lalitha), Girija (Revathy), Suhara (Swetha Menon) and Raji (Vishnupriya) feel weak in their minds. They have dreams of their own and things change dramatically for them after finding a 'fortune' in a street side dustbin.

Now the women decide to take the risk but everything doesn't fall in place the way they would have liked. A wily moneylender (Nedumudi Venu) and an honest cop (Lal) make things difficult for them.

T A Razack has managed to come up with a decent script, based on Ranjith's story. But even then, several questions remain unanswered and as a result, the viewer tends to leave the theatres not absolutely convinced with what they have seen. Like, the way the investigations are heading or the source of the money involved and so on.

One gets the feeling that a more modern style would have taken this film to an altogether different level. Of course, we cannot discuss more now and play spoilsports for all those who are yet to see the film.

Forget the flaws and even in its current shape, the film has its fine moments, which takes you along with the narrative. The director has succeeded in packaging the story in a decent way for the screen. Sanjeev Sankar's camera and M G Sreekumar's music suits the mood.

It is indeed an achievement that those behind the making of this film went ahead without going for any of the so-called “saleable stars” or the usual comedy gangs. The intelligent use of the supporting cast, most of them launched in Ranjith's Paleri Manickyam, is to be appreciated as well.

Revathy, KPAC Lalitha, Swetha Menon, Nedumudi Venu and Lal have done their roles with great involvement. Vishnupriya and Kailash have to play the romantic pair, which they have done in a nice way as well.

Penn Pattanam could have been more interesting with a tighter script, but the earnest and noble approach by everyone involved in its making needs to be appreciated. Thumbs up, for this one!

Last edited by Nobody on Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ghost
Forum Expert
Forum Expert
ghost

PostSubject: Re: News - Film News!!!!!!!   News - Film News!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 1:57 pm

Thats great Nobodyyyy ....... bounce bounce Nalla filmaayirikkum!!!!!! dance dance
Back to top Go down
Nobody
New Bee
New Bee
Nobody

PostSubject: Re: News - Film News!!!!!!!   News - Film News!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 2:03 pm

Kutty srank review
Director-Shaji N. Karun
Producer-Reliance Entertainments
Cinematographer-Anjali Shukla
Cast-Mammootty, Padmapriya, Kamalini Mukherjee, Meena Kumari

News - Film News!!!!!!! 27532

The rather eventful life of Kutty Sranku is being told through the versions narrated by three women, who came into his life, at various junctures. Director Shaji N Karun chooses to present the film in an almost in a conventional format, but an interesting one indeed.
The story begins with Revamma (Padmapriya) identifying Kutty Sranku's (Mammootty) dead body. The Sranku was once a confidant of her father, the rich and powerful Mooppan. She went to Sri Lanka to study medicine, came back after accepting Buddhist faith and could never forgive her father for killing her mother.

Pemmena (Kamalini Mukherjee) arrives at the police station where Sranku's body was kept, next. She came into the life of Sranku, when he was actively involved with a Chavittunatakam troupe led by Loni san (Suresh Krishna), who was her brother. She was attracted to Sranku, but he always ignored her romantic advances.

It was Kali (Meena Kumari), a mute woman, who stole Sranku's heart with her selfless love. She was regarded with contempt by all but Sranku realized her virtues. She was pregnant with the man's child by the time she came to identify him.

At just over two hours and fifteen minutes Kutty Sranku takes its own leisurely pace to unveil but then the film has its genuine moments. Still, you feel the film does make only a limited impact on the minds of the viewers, even when the end credits start rolling. Though the director has linked the three stories well, none of them makes much of an effect and narrating the stories one after the other in turn makes it mechanical to some extent.

But director Shaji N Karun has got things under control and has succeeded in giving an authentic feel to the whole film. The story steams ahead in a nice way but one gets the feeling that a tighter script could have made the film look more engrossing. The visuals by Anjali Shukla are attractive and the music by Isaac Thomas Kottukappilly suits the mood generally. The graphics, however, often looks out-of-place.

Though he has only limited dialogues, Mammootty comes up with an endearing performance and makes his mark with his subtle and restrained acting style. He looks genuinely handsome and that justifies why the women lose their hearts to his character so easily. All the three heroines have done their roles in an impressive way. Watch out for a scintillating show by Suresh Krishna, who has given his heart and soul to his character, Loni Asan.

The film touches your heart mostly with its earnest approach. In these times when trashy stuff is being marketed as spectacular films, Kutty Sranku is certainly different and is a great relief, no two ways about that. The film may not be perfect, but then it is at least worthwhile for any serious movie buff to sit and discuss about the merits or shortcomings of such sensible movies instead of wasting time on damp squibs.
Back to top Go down
Nobody
New Bee
New Bee
Nobody

PostSubject: Re: News - Film News!!!!!!!   News - Film News!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 2:12 pm

Thaskara lahala review

Director-Ramesh Das
Cast-Suraj Venjarammood, Salim Kumar, Lakshmi Sharma

News - Film News!!!!!!! Suraaj%20newsss

It is difficult to explain how bad a film is Thaskara Lahala! With no worthy storyline or script, it is a mish-mash of poorly executed comic scenes, senseless melodrama and nonsense galore. No doubt, the whole movie is nothing more than a bad joke and a sheer waste of time.
It's a futile attempt to make sense of the film's storyline, as there is nothing worth a mention here. Comedians like Suraj Venjarammood, Salim Kumar, Jaffer Idukki and a few others tries a bit too hard to evoke laughter with their antics. Needless to say, they fail miserably. Joining them is a group of female stars like Lakshmi Sharma, Subi, Geetha Vijayan and Thesni Khan. They take things from bad to worse.

With a few comedians playing the lead, you are not expecting a classy film or much logic, while going to see this one. But Thaskara Lahala may not entertain even the fans of pedestrian comedy. It is a mystery why films like these are being made and chances are that portions shot earlier have been revamped with actors like Suraj Venjarammood, eyeing at the satellite rights.

The film begins narrating about the nature of a village where the plot is happening, but then the action shifts to other places, often without even showing any particular reason. The heroines become cops at a certain point of time and start their investigations in full earnest. Imagine the home minister trying to sell an antique idol supposedly worth crores to a foreign couple!

But then, no one would care about what is happening on the screen after a while, with stupid scenes being shown one after the other. Even the comedy stars appear for limited scenes and you are surprised when several aspects like murder, investigation, feminism, sentiments and so on are added to the story, without any particular relevance.

It's a futile exercise to find some meaning for this rubbish film, which is nothing less than an insult to the viewer who pays for the ticket and spares two hours to watch this dud. Films like these wean the viewers away from the theatres and it's quite amazing that no one associated with this one realized all these at any point of its making. Sad!

Back to top Go down
Nobody
New Bee
New Bee
Nobody

PostSubject: Re: News - Film News!!!!!!!   News - Film News!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 2:18 pm

Advocate Lakshmanan: Ladies only review

Director-Pappan Payattuvila
Cast-Mukesh, Mallika Kapoor

News - Film News!!!!!!! Advocate_lakshmanan4

Adv Lakshmanan – Ladies Only A nice comedy that can make you sit smiling in the cinemas, right from start to finish, is always welcome. That is exactly what you expect from a film like Adv. Lakshmanan – Ladies Only, but then, this film disappoints big time.
Besides some of that trademark Mukesh style gags which lacks the earlier fizz and a ridiculous twist in the tale, there is nothing much left, in this highly forgettable film.

Lakshmanan (Mukesh) is an expert lawyer, specialized in getting divorces for suffering wives. Once the marriage breaks, the women start working in his pickle company. With the same tricks, the same set of lawyers (Suraj Venjarammood appearing for the husbands) and even the same judge, things quite expectedly become mundane soon after.

More drama is in store as a pretty college lecturer named Annie (Mallika Kapoor) falls in love with the lawyer. Happy ending, did you say? Actually the real game starts now, announces the director as we head for the interval and you are in for some silly melodrama, emotions, action and even murder.

The basic thing here is that even comedies need a solid storyline to bank upon and that is where this film falters big time. The story progresses without a definite direction and is quite a test of patience for the viewer.

Let us not discuss much about the film’s script, direction and the technical aspects. It is evident that the makers don’t expect the film to be reviewed that seriously. The visuals and the music doesn’t make much of an impact either and is tailor made for a comedy film like this one.

On the acting front, Mukesh does his role in a half-hearted way. Mallika Kapoor has nothing much to do and makes no particular impression as well. The rest of the comedy gang including Suraj Venjarammood, Jagadeesh, Harisree Asokan and Ponnamma Babu does everything to make the viewers laugh in their usual ways. But the script offers nothing for them to perform.

On the whole it is a lowbrow comedy made with zero imagination and logic. If you are looking for an intelligent comedy, this one is not your pick. Now the decision is all yours!

Back to top Go down
Nobody
New Bee
New Bee
Nobody

PostSubject: Re: News - Film News!!!!!!!   News - Film News!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 2:41 pm

Mohanlal completes his Shikkaar

News - Film News!!!!!!! Mohanlal+Movie+Shikaar+Pooja,+Photos,+Stills,+Exclusive+Gallery-5

Mohanlal has completed the entire shoot of his Padmakumar directed Shikar. He completed the climax of the film at Guna caves in Kodaikanal. It got its name as many years back Kamal Hassan shot his Guna in these caves.

Mohanlal tweeted: “ I shot the climax of Shikar in some of the most dangerous places in the hills and caves of Kodai, including a place called Devils Kitchen”. In the film Mohanlal plays Balaraman, a lorry driver, and the story is of his unusual revenge.

Devil's Kitchen is a very dangerous deep hidden ravine that looks like small dark gutters but are actually a deep fall. Mohanlal is very excited about the film and the way it has shaped out. Says Mohanlal: “It is by far the best stunts I have ever done! Shikar has turned out great.”

Ananya of 'Nadodigal' fame plays Mohanlal’s daughter and Sneha does his wife’s role. Samuthirakani, Kollywood’s hot shot director plays the villain and in supporting role there is Kalabhavan Mani, Jagathy Sreekumar, Lalu Alex, Sadiq, Appa Haja and Suraj Venjaramood .

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: News - Film News!!!!!!!   News - Film News!!!!!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

News - Film News!!!!!!!
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next